About Me

My photo
Caucasian 6 foot 4 inches Rhode Islander going to studying in China his Fall semester Junior year of college. Full of anxiety and excitement, follow me through this personal adventure! Contact me: enorman@bryant.edu

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Storm Electronic Music Festival


I expected a few things in Shanghai, traveling to some rather exotic locations, maybe going to see The Great Wall (check), eating some weird foods, chicken hearts from a Korean BBQ (check), improve my Chinese (核实). I had all intentions of having some fun mixed in with all of the studies and traveling as well, but what I experienced last week was something I would never have expected from Shanghai. The title of this post says it all, I went to an open air music electronic music festival that went by the name of Storm. Me and about 15 of my closest friends all decided to attend this seven and a half hour showcase of some of the best electronic music DJs out there. There were a few unfamiliar names to me such as Headhunterz and Fedde LeGrand, who turned out to be amazing at what they do. One member of the super group Swedish House Mafia, Axwell, was there are really got the crowd excited. The one who really stole the show was a small 24 year old by the name of Zedd. If you have listened to a top 100 radio in the last few months then you have either heard his hit Clarity, or his new single Stay the Night. Both amazing tracks, but even better when blended seamlessly into an hour and half set which went by way to fast. All in all I could not have wished for a better way to start to bring these last few weeks in Shanghai to a close. A city I've come to love with music that I have always loved. It will be bitter sweet leaving Shanghai, the memories I've made, the friends I have, it will be hard to leave them all behind. However, we all knew this day would come. The best thing to do now is hold on tight to the time we have left, forgetting about the number of days left before we board those planes to our homes, and enjoy the life of a Shanghai citizen for these last, final, fleeting moments.














No comments:

Post a Comment