About Me

My photo
Caucasian 6 foot 4 inches Rhode Islander going to studying in China his Fall semester Junior year of college. Full of anxiety and excitement, follow me through this personal adventure! Contact me: enorman@bryant.edu

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

我回了!我有故事! (I return! I have stories!)


As I write this I am fully aware that it has been almost a month since my last post, and I feel terrible about that, really I do. Please forgive me, stick around for a bit longer content will still come! I, as of this day, have around 5 short weeks life to my life in China, I do not imagine the speed at which it has moved so far to slow down either. But this post is not about the future, it is about the last few weeks, last week especially, that being the IES trip to Taiwan.
Leading up to the Taiwan trip we were taken to a few more temples, the most famous being the Jade Buddha Temple, named so because of the pair of pure jade Buddha statues present inside.

We also took a day trip to a water town called Tongli. A rather interesting area with much to see and explore, or if you want to take a paddle/gondola boat rides by one the surprisingly strong armed women rowers that is a fantastic was to spend your time there too.




We also attended a local kindergarten (the nicest kindergarten building I have ever seen as well). There we taught the children about some western culture, such as Halloween, and they helped me realize that my Chinese is on level with that of a kindergartner. I was able to tell a boy sitting next to me that his favorite color was pink and all the other kids laughed, I am very glad that that joke is international. 




Next up came the Taiwan trip, a week long trip then is so big and special it requires its own post! Coming very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric, when you went to the school wasn't that a Saturday?? Do these kids go to school 6 or 7 days a week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the picture with you and the kids with the masked on. I would have liked to see what they looked like...I'm sure they were very cute!!

    ReplyDelete